The Dr. Ginny Goldner Clinical Nursing Practice Project Award
One of Tucson Nurses Week Foundation's goals is to stimulate new and professional knowledge in Nursing. In 1997, the Foundation created the Clinical Nursing Practice Project Award. In 2015, the award was named after Dr. Ginny Goldner, a Fabulous 50 Nurse and a long time member of the Tucson Nurses Week Foundation Board.
This award is granted to a well deserving Registered Nurse in the Tucson community who shows a commitment to:
- Answering a clinical question to improve patient care or enhance Nursing practice, or
- Developing an idea to improve patient care or enhance Nursing practice, or
- Use the principles of Evidence Based Practice to answer a clinical question.
This prestigious $2,000 award is funded entirely by Fabulous Fifty Alumni donations. Please consider donating to this worthy cause.
Preference will be given to the following:
- Tucson area registered nurse
- Documented approval of the project by the nurse's employer
- Submit application by deadline
- Describe the project
- State the clinical problem or question
- Outline the plan for collecting evidence
- Explain the plan for evaluating the pertinence of the evidence obtained
- Describe an intervention to address the problem/question
- Discuss how the effectiveness of the intervention will be evaluated
- Specify how the award or grant money will be used